Attention: Privacy Officer
In addition, you may contact your provincial Information and Privacy Commissioner.
- The Information We Collect. The types of personal information we collect and use will depend upon the information and Infotrust Products and Services requested. However, subject to applicable law, it may include:
- name, address, email address and other contact details;
- medical and health related information and data;
- financial, credit, billing, and account information, insurance information, including public or private health insurance information, and other incidental information relating to the products and services we provide; and
- any other information we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by applicable law.
- How We Use Information We Collect. We use information we collect:
- to assess whether we are able to provide you with Infotrust Products and Services;
- to offer and provide services and deliverables to you, including Infotrust Products and Services;
- to communicate with you regarding the Infotrust Products and Services or other services you request and to respond to your requests and enquiries;
- to administer our client databases and issue and collect accounts;
- to provide you with material on Infotrust Products and Services and other services;
- to develop and use our knowledge management systems and permit Infotrust personnel to consult documents that we have created on your behalf and that contain personal information;
- to manage and administer our business; and
- as permitted or required by applicable law or for purposes for which you otherwise provide your consent.
If you do not wish to receive further materials from us, including regarding Infotrust Products and Services, you may unsubscribe or ask us not to contact you for these purposes.
- How We Collect Information. We typically collect personal information directly from you or through our interaction with you. However, we may obtain personal information about you from other sources, including government agencies or third party service providers in connection with Infotrust Products and Services and other services provided to you.
- How We Disclose and Share Your Information. We may disclose the personal information we collect about clients or other individuals we deal with to third parties, including:
- where we are required or authorized by applicable law to do so;
- where it is necessary to process or collect fees;
- to regulatory (including self-regulatory) or governmental authorities;
- where you have instructed us to disclose your personal information to a third party for a designated purpose;
- where we reasonably believe a third party requesting your information is your agent; and
- where you consent or as permitted or required by applicable law.
- Infotrust has implemented reasonable physical, organizational, and technological or electronic security measures to safeguard the personal information in our custody or control. These include safeguards to protect personal information and reduce the risk of loss or theft or unauthorized access, collection, copying, modification, use, disclosure, and destruction. Authorized Infotrust personnel, agents, and mandatories have access to your personal information. You can generally visit the Infotrust website without providing any personal information. However, given that electronically submitted data is not one hundred percent (100%) secure, we make no warranties as to the security of any such personal information that you submit, which you do at your own risk.
- Access and Correction. We maintain a file of your personal information for the above-mentioned purposes. You have the right to access any personal information that Infotrust holds about you. Infotrust will request that you provide sufficient identification information to permit us to account for the existence, use, and disclosure of your information and to authorize access to your file. If you wish to request access to, or correction of, your personal information in custody or control of Infotrust, please make your request in writing to us at the address below. We may need to verify your identity before searching for or providing you with personal information. In some circumstances, we may not provide access to your personal information, for example, if it contains the personal information of other persons, if it constitutes confidential commercial information, or if it is otherwise not properly the subject of an access request. It is important that your personal information be accurate and up to date. Please inform us as soon as possible of any changes to your personal information. If you have any questions, requests or complaints about our personal information practices, please contact us at Infotrust Inc. via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Challenging Compliance. You may challenge the accuracy and completeness of the personal information that Infotrust holds about you, and to have it amended as appropriate. All enquiries will be investigated and reported back in a timely manner.